One of my family’s traditional recipes, which we have enjoyed for a very long time. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we have!
How to Cook Vegetable Rice Stuffing for Poultry:
Of course, I am giving you the basic recipe, which you are free to customize to your own liking by switching up or adding ingredients you like best.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: poultry
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Yield: enough to fill one medium sized chicken
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 medium-sized chicken – washed & patted dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil or half butter & half oil
- 1/4 cup carrots – minced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms – about 4 mushrooms minced
- 1/4 cup celery – minced
- 2 cups white rice – cooked
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning – * optional
- a few red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp gumbo file
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet on medium low heat.
- Add in celery and carrots and cook for about 6 or 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add in mushrooms and continue to stir occasionally.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili flakes, gumbo file, and paprika.
- Place cooled cooked rice in a bowl and add mixture in skillet to the rice combining all ingredients well.
- Fill the chicken cavity and roast the chicken to your own specifications or recipe.
I hope you try this recipe for Vegetable Rice Stuffing for Poultry to give you a tasty change from the regular bread stuffing method.
- How to Cook Haskapa Rice Stuffing for Poultry + Video
- How to Cook Turkey Stuffing: National Stuffing Day
- Holiday Stuffing: Thanksgiving Twists on the Traditional
- A National Gumbo Day Recipe: Ooh Wee!
- How to Cook Haskap Apple Bread Stuffing + Video