Trying to figure out a fabulous side dish for my Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and I remembered my amazing smoked paprika powder!
This Thai scented rice was rocked by this spice, along with some gorgeous mushrooms to be a perfect accompaniment for this special loin.
I served peas alongside this last night, but you may do what it is you like when it comes to mixing and matching…
…I just want to be sure you have the knowledge to make this & experiment more.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: as a side dish with a meal of chicken, pork, fish, beef
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 1/2 cups scented rice – Thai rice
- 4 large mushrooms – sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder, available from Qualifirst Foods
- 3 cups water or chicken stock
- ~ 1/4 tsp red chili flakes – add more or less depending upon your guests tastes
- ~ 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper – plus to taste
- ~ 1/4 tsp sea salt – plus to taste
- In a medium-sized sauce pot, on medium heat on the stove, bring to a boil water with butter, mushrooms and spices for. Reduce heat to a simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Under cold water, rinse rice in a colander or strainer to remove excess start and to clean the rice.
- Add rice, stir, cover pot and reduce heat to low. Set your timer for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender to your taste and there is no excess liquid left in the pot, stirring once or twice in between, ensuring you return the pot lid each time.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and serve as a side dish for an amazing.
I hope you enjoy this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Chicken Quarters
- Web Chef Review: La Chinata Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder
- How to Cook Saffron Mushroom Rice
- How to Cook Smoked Paprika, Piquillo Pepper & Tomato Soup
- How to Cook Chipotle, Smoked Paprika & Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin