No worries, you can catch the podcast right here, along with a complete list of cooking shows & recipes mentioned for this Cinco de Mayo menu.
These recipes will have you wishing you hired a Mariachi band for such a celebration!
Listen to the Podcast:
What is Cinco de Mayo?
May 5th is a great reason to throw a party. This Mexican holiday is celebrated as the Mexican army’s victory over French forces in the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Cinco de Mayo is celebrated all over the world to this day.
According to UCLA’s Professor David Hayes Bautista, this holiday is not a Mexican holiday at all, but a holiday that is American and created by Latinos in California during the middle of the nineteenth century.
Despite losing the Battle of Puebla in 1862, the French were able take over Mexico City and establish Maximilian I as emperor of Mexico. In 1867, the French were overcome and Maximilian was executed.
Like all ethnic celebrations, the food really makes the occasion special, and Mexican food is some of the most flavorful food in existence.
Cinco de Mayo Recipes:
This fiesta is of epic proportions. Mix & match the recipes below to create your very own customized Cinco de Mayo menu with your favorite flavors.
Choosing your favorite tropical cocktail from these options is going to be difficult! These bevvies are perfect for the occasion. Try making these cocktails virgin for those who aren’t drinking.
- Horchata for All Occasions – non-alcoholic
- Napa Valley Coconut Mango Dream Cocktails
- Apple Guava Fizz Cocktails
- Napa Valley Mango Martinis
- Haskapa Colada Cocktails
- Tropical Mango Fiesta Cocktails
- Napa Valley Blood Orange Beer Cocktails
- Grilled Corn Guacamole
- Napa Valley Tres Citrus Balsamic Guacamole
- Sun Dried Tomato Tequila Guacamole
- Roasted Pepper & Tomato Tequila Salsa
- Tomato & Cucumber Salsa
- Fresh Corn & Tomato Salsa
- Chipotle Aioli Sauce
- Blood Orange Grilled Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Baked Jalapeño Haskap Chicken Wings
- Tacos Zacatecaños
- Roasted Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Pork Loin
Spice it up a bit with some awesome side dishes!
- Grilled Smoked Paprika Spice Rubbed Corn-on-the-Cob
- Refried Butternut Squash
- Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker
- Refried Beans
- How to Cook Beans in a Rice Cooker
Finish up your fiesta with the perfection of fresh fruit. Tropical salads are a great choice, or try grilling a pineapple. Tropical fruit doesn’t have to be scary – pick some up & experiment!
- Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon
- Passion Fruit Salad
- Exotic Fruit Salad
- How to Cut & Prepare a Papaya
- How to Cut a Whole Pineapple
Festive beverages & cocktails all the way through appetizers, dinner, sides & dessert, celebrate Cinco de Mayo paying homage to Mexican cuisine.
Try out some of these Cinco de Mayo fiesta recipes and you’ll be shouting, Olé!
- Web Chef Kimberly Turner’s Cinco de Mayo Ideas on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Tune In: Web Chef Kimberly with Cinco de Mayo Recipes on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Cinco de Mayo Menu Ideas Sure to Please
- Catch Cinco de Mayo Recipes from Web Chef Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Get Cinco de Mayo Menu Ideas with Web Chef Kimberly Turner on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’