A beautiful way to make an impression on Valentine’s Day is with this lovely, fresh, colorful Spinach, Citrus & Avocado Salad!
The creamy texture of the avocado satisfies your craving for something rich, and juicy citrus cleanses the palate for another bite of perfectly seasoned deliciousness.
Tasty, raw veggies nourish you & make you feel good, preparing you for the rest of your romantic dinner for two.
How to Make Spinach, Citrus & Avocado Salad:
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve with: a romantic dinner for two
Serve with: extra vinegar & oil
Prep Time: 15 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 cups spinach leaves – well rinsed
- 3 pinches salt
- 1/4 tsp shallots – minced
- 1/4 cup tangerine segments – chopped
- 1/2 tbsp mild vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 grapefruit – peeled, segmented & chopped
- 1 orange – peeled & segmented
- 2 avocados – pitted, peeled & sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds – toasted
- pepper – to taste
- dash cayenne pepper or chili flakes
- Toss spinach leaves, salt, shallots, tangerine segments.
- Sprinkle vinegar & olive oil.
- Place salad on serving plates.
- On top, arrange grapefruit, orange, & avocados.
- Top with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste, and a dash of cayenne or chili flakes.
This Spinach, Citrus & Avocado Salad is lovely for your V-day celebrations or for anytime you want a fabulous side salad.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Spinach Ranch Dressing: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad
- How to Make Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette + Video
- A Romantic Valentine’s Day Menu
- How to Make Avocado Cups for Seafood Salad