This Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette is chock full of fabulous flavor.
I bought this super food salad because I saw that it contained broccoli, kale and other healthy ingredients, which I didn’t have on hand at home. When I got home, I beefed it up with some good stuff like pork ribs & a flavorful BBQ balsamic vinaigrette to spice things up a bit.
How to Make Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Just kick up one of your own salads or a purchased salad with these super foods, add in some left over rib meat and this stellar vinaigrette. It’s great!
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve with: fresh, crusty bread
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 large Super Food salad – purchased or homemade salad containing super foods such as broccoli, kale & cabbage
- 8 – 10 BBQ pork ribs – homemade or purchased, with meat removed & slightly heated; I use the leftover ribs from last night’s dinner
- 2 cups whole baby spinach leaves – rinsed, drained & patted dry
- 1 cup finely red or purple cabbage leaves – sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/4 cup carrots – shaved
- 1/2 zucchini – partly peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas – washed, dried & ends pared
Instructions for Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, add to your original salad, baby spinach leaves, purple cabbage leaves, zucchini, snap peas & carrot shavings.
- Toss salad to combine ingredients.
- Arrange warm pork meat on top.
- Season with salt to taste at the last minute.
- Serve in large salad bowls with the dressing on the side. Dress immediately prior to serving.
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- freshly cracked black pepper
- dash chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt – to taste
Instructions for BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve on an amazing salad.
You will really enjoy this wonderful Super Food Salad With Pork BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette.
I hope you enjoy this Pork Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Super Food Salad
- How to BBQ Pork Ribs + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly
- How to Grill Mom’s BBQ Pork Ribs: Victoria Day Recipes
- How to Make a Dry Rub for Pork Loin + Video
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Baby Kale at Harvest Barn Country Markets