A creamy crab stuffing for crisp snow peas…bright & colorful, but most of all, these are absolutely delicious.
How To Make Crab Stuffed Snow Peas:
It is worth the extra time it takes because everyone seems to enjoy this treat.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 1 min – blanching
Yield: 24 stuffed peas
- 2 dozen snow peas – very slightly blanched, plunged into ice water, drained, opened up
- 1 1/2 cups crab meat – shredded, not imitation crab
- 1/4 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp blue cheese – crumbled
- 1 tsp parsley – finely chopped
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash garlic powder
- salt & pepper – to taste
- few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or pimento pepper – finely minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, mayo, blue cheese, parsley, cayenne, garlic powder, salt & pepper, lemon juice, and red pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place snow peas on a working area, with the open side up. Spread open and fill each pea with crab mixture. * Tip: If there is extra mixture left, prepare a few more peas as needed.
- Sprinkle tops with paprika to garnish.
- Arrange peas on a serving platter, set on a bed of baby spinach, cress or lettuce.
- Garnish with lemon wedges & cherry tomatoes.
This is an appetizer your family & friends will request often, and you will be proud to serve using this recipe for Crab Stuffed Snow Peas.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Crab Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- How to Make Cream Cheese & Anchovy Stuffed Pickled Cherry Peppers
- How to Make New Potatoes Stuffed with Crab Meat: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad
- How to Make Beef Burritos: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta