How to Make New Potatoes Stuffed With Crab Meat:
Prep Time: 40 min
Yield: 24 pieces
- twelve 2 inch new potatoes
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- sprinkle of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh crab meat – shredded; canned,drained and rinsed is okay
- 1 tbsp chives – chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of paprika
- several sprigs of parsley – separated for garnish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place potatoes into a pot for cooking covering the potatoes by about one inch, and add 2 tsp salt and a bay leaf.
- Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Cook uncovered until potatoes are tender – about 20 min. Drain and allow to cool at room temperature.
- When cooled, peel carefully, so as not to nick the flesh, if desired. They are very nice with the peelings on, as well.
- With a melon-baller, remove a small scoop of potato from the center of each half, creating a hollow in each half.
- Cut each potato in half and remove a tiny slice from the bottom of each half, so they will sit flat on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for a couple of hrs.
- Mix together the following – sour cream, crab meat, chives, cayenne, black pepper and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the potatoes with kosher salt.
- Using a small spoon or a piping bag generously fill the hollows in the potatoes with the crab mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and place a sprig of parsley on the top of each potato piece.
- These potatoes can be served hot or at room temperature. If heating, do so before garnishing in a 350 degree F oven for about 5 – 7 min.
- Arrange potatoes on a bed of cress or baby spinach on a serving tray.
You will enjoy these cute potatoes using my recipe for how to make New Potatoes Stuffed with Crab Meat, and your guests will be asking for more.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Memorial Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Crab Stuffed Snow Peas: Easter Surprises
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- How to Make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad: Mother’s Day Delights