I defrosted it and decided to share with you how I quickly prepare a turkey piece for roasting.
Hopefully, this will take the fright out of roasting meat and help you on your way to becoming a stellar chef or an even more experienced chef in your own kitchen, baking and cooking from scratch.
Roasted Turkey Quarter:
Now, turkey isn’t just for holidays & occasions. In fact, it’s delicious just about any time, and you can change up the seasonings so it doesn’t always have to taste like a Thanksgiving recipe.
However, if you’re wanting to celebrate the holidays with a smaller piece of meat instead of a whole bird, you may do so just like this as well with a turkey quarter, or with a nice turkey breast, preparing & roasting in the same manner.
Please watch the video below to see how to prepare the turkey quarter before roasting it.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Serve with: mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, gravy, and/or stuffing
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: ~ 1 hour
Yield: Serves 2 – 3 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 turkey quarter – defrosted, rinsed & patted dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- After defrosting your meat, which is best done by allowing the meat to naturally defrost in the refrigerator or on the counter, but if you’re in a hurry like I was, you can always use the handy microwave to gently defrost your meat.
- I rinse it off under cold water, and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- In whatever roasting pan you desire to roast your poultry in, coat turkey with olive oil or butter and start layering some flavors by sprinkling pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning, even onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salts or lemon pepper – whatever flavors you’re looking for. Tonight I used pepper, salt, cayenne, paprika, and poultry seasoning.
- Allow to brown skin in oven on 500 for 5-7 minutes. Take out of oven, cover with aluminum foil lightly on top.
- Reduce heat to 325-350 degrees and roast until internal temperature of turkey is 190 on the reading of a meat thermometer. If you have to eyeball it, juices should run clear when sliced near joint, and leg should be loose and free from thigh when properly roasted and cooked to the proper internal temperature.
- Enjoy with gravy, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables and/or stuffing!
More Turkey Recipe Shows:
Cooking Shows: Turkey Recipes + Reviews
So, if you’re looking for something easy to cook for a holiday occasion, or you only have a few people to serve, try roasted turkey quarter as an option!
- How to Prepare a Turkey for Roasting + Video
- How to Roast Turkey Legs
- How to Bake Turkey Pot Pie + Video
- How to Roast Haskap Glazed Holiday Turkey + Video
- How to Roast the Most Delicious Traditional Holiday Turkey