Doesn’t that sound fabulous?
This year, my daughter asked me what I would like for my Mother’s Day celebrations, and I’ve gotten together a few wonderful recipes that I’d like to enjoy on my Day…
How to Cook Seared Duck Breasts with Fig Sauce:
Scrumptious with a gorgeously seared duck breast, and a sweet, acidic sauce that will wow you out of your mind.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Marinade Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 12 – 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp fruit vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp shallot – minced
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 bay leaf
- dash ground cloves
- 12 dried figs – with stems removed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- In a shallow bowl prepare a marinade by whisking together the following – vinegar 1 tbsp olive oil, honey, shallot, and garlic. Then, coat duck breasts in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand for about 1 hr at room temperature.
- Remove breasts from marinade, wipe off any remnants of the marinade, and pat dry. Brush duck breasts with the rest of the olive oil.
- Prepare the fig sauce by combining the following in a sauce pan and bring to a boil – wine, broth, sugar, thyme, lemon zest, bay leaf, ground cloves and figs.
- Turn down the heat, cover and simmer until figs have softened – about 30 min. More liquid may be added, if necessary.
- Remove bay leaf. Puree 1/2 cup of fig mixture in blender and then return puree to the rest of the mixture, stirring constantly. Sauce can be thinned out using more broth or wine. Set sauce aside.
- In a hot saute pan, heat the balance of the olive oil and sear both sides of the breasts until each side has browned lightly.
- Remove from saute pan and place breasts on a hot grill. Quickly grill on each side only until grill marks are evident – just 1 – 2 min.
- Serve on a large platter and drizzle some of the fig sauce around edges of breasts. Serve the rest of the sauce with a small ladle for each person to serve themselves with more sauce.
Such an elegant dinner and the sauce is incredible. The delicious fig sauce can be served with many dishes.
After you know How to Sear Duck Breasts with Fig Sauce, you won’t hesitate to serve it often.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Duck Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Eye of Round Steaks + Video
- How to Marinate Meat
- How to Pan Sear Foie Gras + 6 FG Cooking Tips
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Sweet & Smoky Pork Rib Chops + Video
- How to BBQ Leg of Lamb: Father’s Day Flavor