This recipe for How to Grill Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Eye Of Round Steaks yields lovely steaks that are not only delicious, but beautifully grilled.
This dish will satisfy your cravings for smokey, sweet, tangy & savory, as well as some char from the BBQ and a beautiful flavor of wine.
Grilled Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Eye of Round Steaks:
Actually, it can be used to flavor grilled vegetables as well, and we really like it used this way. It’s sweet, smokey and spicy – what more can one ask for? Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Sauce comes from the Napa Valley with an entire line of excellent BBQ sauces and spice rubs.
In this recipe, I used Rancourt Winery 2007 Meritage that is composed of a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc wines, and it is a truly bright, delicious wine. This recipe for the marinade can be made without any wine at all if you choose, or any red wine of your choice.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Marinate Time: 2 hrs up to overnight
Grill Time: 8 – 12 min – depending upon doneness you prefer
Rest Time: 4 – 5 min
Yield: 2 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 eye of round steaks
- 2 tbsp Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Merlot wine – I used Rancourt Winery 2007 Meritage.
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- sprinkle of chili flakes
- a few peppercorns
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Marinate the steaks by placing them into a resealable, plastic bag and add in the BBQ sauce, Merlot wine, chili flakes, peppercorns, olive oil, bay leaf and seal the bag.
- Massage the steaks in the bag to coat the steaks thoroughly with the marinade and allow to sit for at least 1 hr. I am marinating these steaks refrigerated, for 2 or 3 hrs. The steaks can be left to marinate as long as overnight.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat your grill to high heat.
- Remove steaks from plastic bag and save the rest of the marinade to baste the steaks.
- Place steaks on grill and cook until grill marks form. Then, rotate the steaks 1/4 turn to form crosshatch grill marks – about 2 – 3 min per turn. Baste with remaining marinade.
- Turn steaks over and repeat by getting the grill marks on the other side, and then rotate steaks 1/4 turn to achieve the crosshatch grill marks – another 2 – 3 min per turn. Baste often during grilling.
- Remove steaks from grill and place on a board, if possible, loosely covered with a tent of foil wrap. Do not seal foil around steaks.
- Allow steaks to rest for 4 – 5 min loosely covered in aluminum foil, so the juices are retained within the steaks.
- Serve and enjoy these delicious steaks.
I served a lovely Romaine Salad with Baby Kale, Apple & Sheep’s Milk Cheese, with a sweet & smokey mustard & nectarine vinaigrette alongside these great eye of round steaks.
This show is brought to you by Wine Country Kitchens. They bring the Napa Valley…to your table!
Do try this recipe How To Grill Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Eye Of Round Steaks and see how quick and easy it is to prepare a fantastic main course for your dinner on the grill.
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Merlot BBQ Sauce
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Chicken + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Bourbon BBQ Pork Side Ribs + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Top Sirloin Steaks + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce