How to Make Lemon Pie Filling:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 5 – 7 min
Yield: 1 1/2 cups or enough to fill a 9 inch pie, to fill an 11 inch jelly roll or to serve 3 as a pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon – grated
- 2/3 cup water or orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice – strained, if desired
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the butter.
- Place on stove and cook over medium heat, whisking until bubbles break the surface. Then, continue to cook for another 30 – 40 sec, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula continually, to be sure the filling is completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Allow to cool.
* Tip: If using this lemon pie filling for filling tarts or pies, it can go right into the baked pie crust now, or if being used for pudding or filling a jelly roll, cover the surface with plastic wrap and allow to cool before use.
The next time you want to make a lemon pie try this recipe for Lemon Pie Filling and treat yourself!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Lemon Curd + Video: Easter Surprises
- How to Bake Mom’s Rhubarb Pie
- How to Bake Rhubarb Tarts + Video: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter + Video
- How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie