There is nothing like lavender to add a delicious aroma to an otherwise ordinary dish.
How to Cook Green Beans With Lavender Butter:
This recipe would be a lovely side dish for Easter dinner.
I did not get the lavender buds at my grocer. I got them online @ Qualifirst Foods.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/2 tsp dried lavender buds
- 4 cups fresh green beans – washed & trimmed
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper – I used white Kampot pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Place green beans in a medium sauce pan containing about 1 inch of salted, boiling water. Cover & cook on medium heat until beans are fork tender – about 7 or 8 min.
- While beans are cooking, prepare the lavender butter by adding lavender buds to butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add in white pepper & a dash of salt, and heat gently as butter melts.
- Remove beans from the stove, strain and stir in 1/2 tbsp butter.
- When lavender butter has melted and heated through, remove saucepan from stove and stir it into drained green beans and add lemon juice.
- Serve hot and savor the wonderful flavor.
I know you will enjoy this great recipe for Green Beans with Lavender Butter and hope you serve it often.
I hope you enjoy this Green Bean Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce on the Stove
- How to Cook Purple Pole Beans + Video
- How to Boil Green Beans
- How to Make Lavender Tapioca Pudding + Video
- Web Chef Review: Epicureal Lavender Buds