Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes are not difficult to make from scratch…
Serve alongside roasted beef, turkey or chicken.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 8 – 10 potatoes – I used Yukon Gold this time.
- water – enough to cover potatoes in a large pot
- 1 tsp salt + to taste
- cream – or milk
- pepper – to taste
- dash nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove with about 1 tsp salt.
- Wash & peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into chunks about 1 – 1.5 inches thick.
- When water is boiling, put potatoes in and lightly boil for 10-15 min, or until pieces are fork tender.
- Strain water from potatoes and return to pot.
- Add cream or milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of freshly ground nutmeg for that je ne sais quoi!
- Mash everything together, and then take a hand mixer to whip the potatoes until they are light and fluffy.
- Re-season with salt, pepper & butter, to taste.
* Tip: Try roasting a bulb of garlic while roasting the meat, and use in the potatoes for creamy, whipped garlic mashed potatoes!
Serve with some sort of roasted main dish, and you’re golden. Absolutely delicious for the Holidays or a weeknight in the Summer.
I hope you enjoy this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes + Video
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes + Video: Tailgating Central
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Colcannon + Video: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Quick Baked Potatoes in the Microwave