Not only is it fantastic for adding to other recipes, but it’s delicious all by itself. Plus, it’s really easy to do. Try it!
Type: How To Cook
Serve With: spread on bread, in potato recipes or anywhere else you use garlic
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Yield: 1 head garlic – usually plenty to flavor a dish
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt or kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut top off head of garlic about 1/4″ from top so as to open up each clove in the head of garlic.
- Place garlic
- Coat exposed garlic with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Replace top of garlic head that was cut off and wrap up loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cloves feel soft when squeezed.
- Allow to cool until you can handle them.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of the head like toothpaste starting by squeezing near the bottom through to the top.
- Enjoy in mashed potatoes, spread it on bread or anywhere else you’d use garlic or garlic powder.
* It’s even delicious all by itself! You’ll be so pleasantly surprised!
I hope you enjoyed this Garlic Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. If you love garlic as much as I do, you might want to check out this totally garlic cookbook:
[tags]roast garlic, roasted garlic, how to roast garlic, garlic, garlic recipes, how to use garlic, roasting garlic[/tags]
- How to Roast Radishes, Scapes, Beets & Parsnips as a Side Dish + Video
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video
- How to Roast Okra in a Roasting Tray + Video
- Web Chef Review: Drogheria Organic Garlic Grinder
- How to Make Roasted Chickpeas – aka Leblebi