We love Holiday fare in our home and one of the house favorites is my recipe for How to Cook Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes.
Light, fluffy clouds of sweet potato deliciousness is on your horizon…
Sweet potatoes are often thought of as a heavy vegetable, and they are nutrient dense as well. However, you will switch that all up when you bring these airy sweet potatoes to the table that simply melt in your mouth.
Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes:
The addition of Holiday certain spices can be customized to your tastes, and there are a ton of different substitutions you can make with this recipe, making it unique each & every time, but equally as delicious.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 large sweet potatoes – washed, pat dry & partially peeled
- enough salted boiling water in a pot to cover sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tin sweetened condensed milk
- brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Peel sweet potatoes only where necessary to remove blemishes or eyes. Chop into 2 inch pieces suitable for cooking.
- Prepare a boiling pot of water on the stove with 1 tsp salt in it. Add in sweet potato chunks and bring back up to a boil, and cook until sweet potatoes are knife tender – about 10 min.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place them along with butter, condensed milk, cream, brown sugar, pepper, and maple syrup, in mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, whip potato mixture, until smooth, light and fluffy, and scrape sides down from time to time, as needed.
- Taste and correct seasonings, if needed.
These sweet potatoes are heavenly, and they don’t need another thing.
Don’t just wait for the Holidays to serve them. They are delicious any month of the year, any day of the week.
Serve and enjoy the flavors of the Fall and Winter seasons by using this recipe for How to Cook Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes.
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- How to Cook Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes from Scratch + Video
- How to Bake Sensational Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- How to Bake Superb Sweet Potato Bread for the Bread Machine