Garlic Mashed Potatoes are on the menu today using instant mashed potato flakes, and a great garlic option you’ll love.
Typically, I use fresh potatoes for mashed potatoes. However, when you’re in a pinch without potatoes, you’re a newbie to cooking & mashed potatoes from scratch is a stretch for you, or you happen to have a box of this in your pantry, you need to know what to do with them.
You will likely want to doctor them to your own taste or to liven things up, such as adding garlic, parsley or cheese.
How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
Super fast with a beautiful flavor of garlic, these instant potatoes a gorgeous alternative to fresh potatoes.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: Drogheria Organic Garlic
Prep Time: 4 min
Cook Time: 4 min
Serves: 3 – 4 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 – 20 grinds Drogheria Organic Garlic
- 2 – 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste; I used Drogheria Four Peppers Grinder
- In a medium sauce pan, boil water with butter, salt & garlic.
- Remove from heat & gently stir in instant mashed potatoes & milk. * Tip: The higher the percentage of milk, the more creamy the potatoes will be. Consider trying half & half cream or a splash of whipping cream for something entirely more sinful.
- Adjust salt, & garlic if necessary, and add freshly cracked black pepper to your preference of taste, along with butter, if you want your potatoes more decadent.
- Fluff potatoes with a big fork & serve hot.
Garlic mashed potatoes have never been so quick & easy to make.
I hope you enjoy this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes from Scratch + Video
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes + Video: Tailgating Central
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Cook Linda’s Au Gratin Potatoes: National Potato Day