National Yorkshire Pudding Day is definitely something to celebrate.
We like Yorkshire pudding so much that sometimes, I’ve used turkey, chicken or pork drippings in place of beef drippings.
My family has always liked this recipe, and comments that other Yorkshire puddings they have had just weren’t the same.
You can also enjoy these handfuls of tastiness cold, the day after.
How to Bake Yorkshire Pudding:
Yorkshire pudding can be made in a 9 x 12 inch pan and removed with a spoon family style by each individual, or in a muffin tin for individual servings.
Prepare batter ahead of time, and have it ready to pour into the hot muffin tins.
Type: Bread Recipe
- 1/4 inch reserved roast drippings for each muffin cup
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- Reserve drippings from your roast of beef.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Into a mixing bowl, sift flour and salt.
- Make a well with a spoon in the center of flour mixture, and pour milk. Stir milk into flour.
- Beat 2 eggs and add to mixture. Add water.
- Beat well until large bubbles form & rise. * Tip: If preparing batter ahead of time, it can be refrigerated covered for 45 min and beat again before baking.
- Pour about 1/4 inch roast drippings into muffin pan bottoms.
- Place pans into oven at 400 degrees F.
- Remove pans from the oven, being very careful. Pour batter into each reservoir to 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 min at 400 degrees F.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 10-18 min, or until golden and puffed.
- Serve immediately.
Serve slathered with beef mushroom gravy, and you have one of the best side dishes known to man.
Have a great National Yorkshire Pudding Day, everyone!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this British Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Yummy Yorkshire Pudding
- How to Bake Vanilla Cupcakes: National Vanilla Cupcake Day
- How to Bake Black Bottom Cupcakes for National Chocolate Cupcake Day
- How to Bake Sweet Jalapeno Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins
- How to Roast Traditional Prime Rib