Mom’s mashed potatoes are a staple in our family, and are what I have used to create amazing potato dishes of my own. Great stuff, and wonderful as ingredient for potato cakes in the morning!
~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: Gravy, turkey, prime rib
Prep Time: ~ 7 min
Cook Time: ~ 15 min
- Wash and peel potatoes. Roughly chop them, and put into pot.
- Fill 2 qt pot 3/4 full of water and add 1 tsp sea salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down heat to a simmer for approximately ~ 10 min.
- Take off heat and drain water.
- Mash potatoes to consistency you desire.
- Add cream and butter, and ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Mom’s mashed potatoes are great…She doesn’t whip them or mash them until completely smooth…There are some chunks left on purpose…
Like I said earlier, they are awesome for making potato cakes in the morning for breakfast! Yum!
I hope you enjoyed this Potato Recipe from Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
- How to Cook Potato Cakes
- The Meat & Potatoes of Thanksgiving
- How to Bake Shepherd’s Pie from Scratch
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- The Side Dishes of Thanksgiving – At a Glance