This recipe for How to Cook Whipped Sweet Potatoes is a nice change that’s really delicious for the Holidays.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes:
Try it, You’ll just love how light and fluffy they are…Melt in your mouth!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: ~ 1 hr
Yield: Enough to serve 6, and you should still have some leftovers.
- 4 large sweet potatoes – peeled & 1 inch diced
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup – Canadian, of course!
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- In a large pot, boil sweet potatoes in plenty of water with about 1/2 tbsp salt added to water until fork tender – about 1 hr.
- Either mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher then use a hand mixer, or put them into a large mixer with other ingredients and whip the potatoes until they are very light in texture – about 5 min on medium speed (start off on low speed).
- Put the whipped sweet potatoes into a serving dish or casserole dish to keep warm until dinner.
You will all enjoy these Whipped Sweet Potatoes for either Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- How to Cook Holiday Whipped Sweet Potatoes + Video
- How to Cook Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes from Scratch + Video
- How to Bake Sensational Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Terrific Mashed Turnip