Eat a Cranberry Day is November 23rd, and I’m sharing with you a simple, quick & perfectly tasty Whole Cranberry Sauce recipe too!
Cranberries are a beneficial aid to those folks who have medical difficulties with bladder infections or kidney adversities, as cranberries help with flushing the urinary tract & eliminating toxins from the system. Also, there are no bad side effects, as are possible when drugs are taken to deal with these health problems.
Cranberries are great to eat & cook with either fresh or commonly frozen berries, and they are readily available at your local supermarkets.
How to Make Whole Cranberry Sauce:
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve with: a Holiday feast
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Chill Time: 1 – 2 hrs
Yields: 7 – 8 servings
- 1 lb or 4 cups cranberries – fresh or frozen; washed & picked through
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups water or orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- Place cranberries in a sauce pan and cover with water or orange juice, and cook to a boil.
- Add in sugar and adjust to your taste. * Tip: Add more sugar, if necessary.
- Continue to cook until most of the cranberries pop. * Tip: Cover the sauce pan, as the juice will squirt everywhere when they start popping.
- Remove from the heat & taste again to correct the sugar amount.
- Using a hand masher, mash the mixture and hold out 1/4 cup of the whole berries aside.
- When smooth, add back whole berries and refrigerate until serving time.
Eat a Cranberry Day is awesome, especially when you try this quick cranberry sauce recipe, perfect for the Holidays or a weeknight meal accompaniment.
Here’s Kimberly making a version of this recipe with a kick – Gingered Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce:
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cranberry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Traditional Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Haskapa Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Gingered Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Cranberry Lemonade Punch: 4th of July Fare
- How to Make Cranberry Cordial