I always make homemade Cranberry Sauce for the Holidays…There is no comparison with that in the can! If you’ve never tried it, it is quick, super easy and so much more delicious!
~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: Christmas or Thanksgiving Dinner
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Yield: 2 1/2 cups sauce
- ~ 3 cups cranberries – fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice – I prefer to use a juice with pulp.
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash and pick through cranberries to make sure they are all good ones.
- Combine in a medium sauce pan, sugar, orange juice and water on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium for 5 min.
- Add cranberries and cover with a lid. Return pot to a boil.
- For 5 min gently simmer until the skins pop on the cranberries.
- Remove from the heat and refrigerate.
- Serve with an amazing feast and Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a little bit more spunk in your cranberry sauce, try my: Perfect Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
I hope you enjoy this Cranberry Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]cranberry sauce, cranberry, sauce, Christmas recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, Christmas, Thanksgiving, traditional recipes, vegetarian recipe, vegan recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Gingered Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- How to Make Whole Cranberry Sauce: Eat a Cranberry Day
- How to Make Haskapa Cranberry Sauce + Video
- How to Make Cranberry Cordial
- How to Make Cranberry Lemonade Punch: 4th of July Fare