What a beautiful sight – Ontario Cranberries right out of Muskoka at Harvest Barn Country Markets.
These cranberries are the brightest red, huge, plump and juicy. These cranberries from Harvest Barn Country Markets in Niagara-on-the-Lake can be purchased fresh or frozen to grace your Thanksgiving or Christmas table in a gorgeous sauce, served alongside your favorite poultry or meats.
For one of my recipes, I have gone a step further, and combined these delectable Ontario Cranberries with Haskapa Haskap Berry juice to create the most amazing, luscious sauce you can imagine, both of which are available at Harvest Barn.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
Because they tend to be tangy and somewhat tart, a sweetener is required to make them more palatable, especially in drinks where sugar content could become quite high – a good thing to know when you drink the juice or cocktails.
Do serve some beautiful cranberries in some form frequently and look for them at Harvest Barn Country Markets at one of their two locations – Niagara-on-the-Lake and the other in St. Catharines in southern Ontario. They provide Muskoka-grown, Ontario cranberries fresh or frozen. Check them out online:
They bring their fresh produce in from a 100 mile radius of their locations, as much as possible, thus supporting our local farmers, and this extremely important to me to know the produce I get hasn’t had to travel an excessive number of miles to get to me. Reducing the carbon footprint is an important matter.
- Traditional Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Cranberry Sauce
- Haskapa Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Cordial
- Sugared Cranberries
- Holiday Cranberry Spiced Lemonade
So, pick up some fresh or frozen, Ontario cranberries at Harvest Barn Country Markets for your Holiday feasts!
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Fresh Ontario Herbs
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Freestone Peaches at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Field Tomatoes at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Lettuce at Harvest Barn Country Markets