In this delicious recipe for How to Make S’mores Mini Cones, I am excited to show you how a little imagination goes a long way towards the creation of a wildly dreamy-creamy, S’mores-like treat.
S’mores have always been a particular favorite of mine, even though they tend to get a bit messy to eat.
With chocolate pieces hidden in the bottom of the cute little mini cones, followed by a golden, gooey, partially-melted marshmallow, topped off with crunchy graham cracker crumbs, you get a gooey, neat little treat, with all the sugary sweetness and decadence of authentic S’mores.
S’mores Mini Cones:
I used a Jalapeño Pepper Roasting Tray from Mutt Shop Products, which is handy to hold the prepared S’mores Mini Cones, as the little apertures are the perfect size to hold the mini cones upright, securely.
I am placing a mini cone in every other hole in the roasting tray.
If you don’t have such a tray, you can use a muffin tin for small muffins and crinkle aluminum foil in each muffin cup, to cradle the mini cones, and hold them upright during broiling.
You can use either packaged graham cracker crumbs, or you can use the whole graham crackers and crush them in a food processor, or place them in a plastic bag and use a mallet or rolling pin to crush the crackers.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: about 12 – 15 min
Broil Time: 2 – 4 min
Yield: 8 mini cones
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 or 3 chocolate chips – per mini cone
- 8 regular marshmallows – 1 for each mini cone
- 8 mini cones
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 squares milk chocolate – good quality & melted
- Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Arrange 8 mini cones, either in a pepper roasting tray or crinkle aluminum foil in each muffin cup, to cradle the mini cones and hold them upright, so they don’t fall over during filling and broiling your mini cones.
- Place 2 – 3 chocolate chips in the bottom each mini cone. Then, sprinkle 2 or 3 pinches of graham cracker crumbs on top of the chocolate chips.
- Add 1 marshmallow to each cone and gently press it in, so each marshmallow sits up straight and securely, and won’t fall out.
- Place baking tray with marshmallow-filled mini cones in oven, and broil mini cones on high heat for 2 – 4 min, with oven door ajar, keeping an eye on the progress, so the marshmallows toast and brown up nicely, but don’t burn.
- Remove tray with mini cones from oven and set it on a heat proof surface. Immediately, drizzle or paint, with a basting brush, the melted chocolate generously, on the tops of the broiled marshmallows.
- Working quickly, before the melted chocolate sets, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of the melted chocolate.
- Serve S’mores Mini Cones while still hot or serve cold, whichever you prefer. They are equally delicious.
These S’mores Mini Cones keep well and even after 3 or 4 days, they still taste fantastic.
This quick, and easy to make recipe, How to Make S’mores Mini Cones, is sure to be a big hit with children and adults alike, and not only are they terrific treats for snacks or desserts, they can easily be packaged for school lunches or picnics.
They would be something unique, and very attractive for children’s birthday parties. These S’mores mini cones are convenient for children to eat as they play, and are easy for little hands to hold. Also, they are sure to keep coming back for some more S’mores.
S’mores Mini Cones are not only quick & easy to make, but are everything you want a sweet treat to be.
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Make Canadian Whiskey Toasted Marshmallow Shots: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Make Red, White & Blue Curaçao Roasted Marshmallow Shots: 4th of July Fare
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Make B-52 Toasted Marshmallow Shots: Labor Day