Whether you’ve thought of it or not, most pies are amazing substituted with a Graham Cracker Pie Crust!
Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
This recipe is so simple and such a nice change from pastry crust, sometimes. I just love how easy it is to create and how delicious it is with so many different desserts.
Type: Dessert Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- Either crush your graham crackers in a large, resealable, plastic bag with a rolling pin or jar until they are just crumbs, or you can crush them in a food processor, or you can buy them already in crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl or directly in the baking dish, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar & 5 tbsp melted butter until combined.
- Tip: The mixture should ball together, but not be very wet. If they do not stick, add 1 tsp of butter at a time until they do. The consistency should be that of wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into your pie plate, and press the crumbs onto the bottom and sides evenly to make a crust without holes or dips.
- Allow pie crust to cool completely before filling it, if you just baked the crust.
- Fill the crust with your pie filling and bake, if necessary for filling, or fill crust and serve when filling is set, as in the case of ‘no-bake’ pies.
You’ll be happy to have this Graham Cracker Pie Crust recipe up your sleeve, especially for special occasions.
- How to Make a Saltine Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Make Millionaire Pie
- How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake + Video
- How to Bake Mom’s Classic Pie Crust
- How to Make Amazing Angel Pie