Nutella Cereal Treats are a twist on an old classic, but maybe even better!
Nutella Cereal Treats:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Yield: One 9 x 13 inch tray of treats
- 4-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 44 marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (you can use unsweetened if you prefer)
- Have ready a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish or tray.
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows.
- When completed melted remove from heat and stir in half of the cereal, then add Nutella and the remaining cereal and combine well to be sure all of the cereal is coated.
- Transfer cereal mixture into tray.
- Allow to set for at least 1/2 hour.
- Melt shortening, water and chocolate chips until all chips have melted.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate mixture over the cereal treats.
- When chocolate has set, cut into bars and serve.
The cereal bars are beautiful to look at and even more beautiful to eat.
Try this recipe for How to Make Nutella Cereal Treats – you’ll be glad you did.
- Boxed Chocolate Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Make S’mores Mini Cones + Video
- How to Make Creamy Nutella Popsicles
- How to Bake Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies + Video: Valentine’s Day Treats
- How to Bake Coconut Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing