Not only is it super easy, but it’s inexpensive and really tasty as well.
Being that I lived in Texas & Louisiana for University, I learned a lot about Soul Food Recipes & Southern food in general. This is a real All-American dish, not just because it’s bread pudding, but because Smores is a very Americana type of dessert made at bonfires across the World now!
You will find this an easy recipe to duplicate and you’ll impress the kids, as well as the adults that are young at heart.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: drizzle cream on top
Prep Time: 10 mins
Soak Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 10 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 9 cups bread – 2″ cubed
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 10 large marshmallows – quartered
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients other than bread, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs & marshmallows. Whisk everything together.
- Cube bread into 2″ pieces and add to bowl with chocolate chips. Gently stir with wooden spoon until bread is completely coated with wet mixture.
- Let sit for 30 minutes up to 2 hrs in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly dust bottom of greased baking dish (approximately 9″ x 13″) with 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour mixture wet bread pudding mixture into greased baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes on center rack.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows evenly disbursed and sprinkle the top of bread pudding with other 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs.
- Return to oven and bake on 350 for another 15 minutes or until the center is set, making sure to watch the marshmallows so they don’t burn, but become a golden brown color.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Drizzle a bit of cream on the top of the bread pudding when serving to moisten it and make it more interesting, if desired.
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Bake Sweet Potato Chai Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Island Bread Pudding Recipe
- How to Bake Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops