Bored with the same old potato? This recipe for Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes is just what you’re looking for.
I prelude this recipe with the fact that we will be cooking these potatoes in the microwave to make things quicker. Now, if you have issue with that, simply click somewhere on the site and get yourself another recipe to check out. Otherwise, sit tight… ~ Kimberly Turner
Using coarse sea salt can work, but using flaked salt is better when crusting these potatoes for baking.
- Tip: If you want to bake them in the oven, you can prepare them, as below, and wrap them in aluminum foil. Bake them in the oven or on the grill until fork tender.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: a hearty main meat like honey ham
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 20 – 25 min
Yields: 3 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- Thoroughly wash potatoes, leaving them somewhat moist.
- Puncture the potatoes with a fork numerous times all over.
- Using oil and your hands, rub potatoes all over with olive oil.
- Using a coarse sea salt or flake salt, sprinkle & coat the potatoes all over.
- Using the microwave, cook the potatoes on a large plate on high for about 8 – 12 min, or until fork/knife tender. * Tip: Start with the timer on the lower end, and check the potatoes before adding a few more minutes at a time, depending upon doneness.
- When done, remove the potatoes and serve with butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, chili, green onion, and the list can go on & on.
That’s the quick way to cook Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes…in the microwave.
I hope you enjoy this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- How to Cook Quick Baked Potatoes in the Microwave
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video
- How to Cook Sweet Potato Sticks in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Incredible Southern Candied Yams