I’m using a special roasting tray to bake these sweet potato sticks as it is an easy, handy item to use, but you could use an ordinary baking sheet, making sure to turn your potato sticks half way through cooking.
How to Cook Sweet Potato Sticks In A Roasting Tray:
This recipe will be a hit with your family as a side dish to a meal or as a snack at any time of the day.
As you will note, I don’t remove all the skin, only partially peeling the sweet potatoes and removing any unattractive bits. Vegetable skins are full of healthy goodness and I like to leave peelings on when possible, to get the most nutrients I can from my food.
When cutting the potatoes into sticks, I cut the potatoes in half, allowing me to cut the sticks more easily to whatever size and thickness I prefer – usually about the thickness of a regular french fry, or as you desire.
You can find this Jalapeno Pepper Roasting Tray @:
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 30 – 35 min
Yield: 2 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 large sweet potato
- about 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked pepper – to taste
- dash smoked paprika powder or regular paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse sweet potato and pat dry. Peel and cut into preferred sized pieces.
- Place potato pieces into a shallow container and toss with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place into roasting tray or arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15 min to check for doneness. If using a baking sheet, turn potato pieces over. Return to oven for another 10 – 15 min until golden & fork tender with a crisp exterior.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Try these Sweet Potato Sticks in a roasting tray served with a nice dipping sauce.
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Roast Potato Florets + Video
- How to Make New Potatoes Stuffed with Crab Meat: Memorial Day Celebrations