This recipe on How to Make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad is amazingly delicious and perfect to serve in the Spring when new potatoes are usually available at your supermarket or farm markets.
How to Make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad:
This salad tastes just as good or even better on the second day and can be kept refrigerated for 2 – 3 days.
Type: Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: min
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 10 – 12 new potatoes – medium sized, cooked and peeled (about 10 to 12 cups finely sliced)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup scallions – finely chopped; green part only, or fresh spring onions
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parsley – finely chopped
- 6 hard boiled eggs – cooled to room temperature; eggs should have been refrigerated for at least 4 – 5 days before boiling.
- 2 tsp regular prepared mustard
- New potatoes should be cooked until tender, but firm, not mushy. * Tip: I find that when the potatoes are almost at the fork tender stage, it is best to turn off the heat and let them sit in the hot water for about 10 min. Then, drain potatoes and place them in an uncovered bowl to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight before peeling & slicing. By refrigerating, the potatoes are easier to slice thinly.
- Place sliced potatoes into a large mixing bowl – large enough to be able to add all ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar & mustard, stir well and set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice boiled eggs. Add sliced boiled eggs and parsley to potatoes.
- Add spring onions and parsley to potato mixture.
- Dress potato mixture with mayonnaise mixture and combine ingredients well.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir through.
- Taste and correct seasonings, if necessary.
- Mound salad in a large, clean serving bowl. Sprinkle paprika over top of salad and garnish with a few sprigs of fresh parsley, as desired.
I have never tasted a better potato salad and although there are many different ways of making potato salad – this one is the best!
This recipe for how to make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad is very delicious and Grandma used to like to serve it with one of her super tasty boiled hams.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mother’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Mom’s Macaroni Salad: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Macaroni Salad with Wheat Crackers & Cheese + Dessert Wrap: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Deviled Eggs: National Deviled Egg Day
- How to Cook Eggstra Perfect Egg Salad
- How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad: Father’s Day Flavor