This lovely recipe for How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad is delicious any time of the year, but especially nice for Spring and Summer outdoor parties and dinners.
How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad:
Type: Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min for the bacon
Yield: 6 – 8 people
- 2 broccoli bunches – washed and chopped into 1/4″ to 1/2″ cubes, including stems and branches – this should yield at least 8 cups of chopped broccoli
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup feta cheese – crumbled
- 3 scallions – finely chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic – finely minced
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper – to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or a few drops of verjus – I use Niagara Cuisine Verjus.
- sprinkling of paprika
- 1/4 cup walnuts – optional; crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl place the chopped broccoli and set aside.
- Saute the bacon until crispy, but not burnt. Crumble over the broccoli, including at least half of the rendered fat.
- Add in the chopped scallions, minced garlic, sour cream and heavy cream.
- Sprinkle on the lemon juice or verjus, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir all ingredients to combine, and sprinkle with paprika and walnuts, if desired.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.-
This beautiful salad is a compliment to any table and should remain refrigerated until just before serving. After serving, return immediately to refrigerator. In this way the salad can be served over a period of 2 or 3 days.
This creamy raw broccoli salad is a winning recipe, and so tasty, I’m tempted to make some right now.
- How to Make Cottage Cucumber Salad
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing
- How to Make Macaroni Salad with Roasted Peppers & Sun-Dried Tomatoes: 4th of July Fare
- Creamy Spinach Dip in Pumpernickel Loaf: National Spinach Month