This is Day Eight of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike! It’s also SuperBowl today…
I have eight beautiful New Zealand lamb loin chops looking at me in my freezer and for some reason, I just can’t get them out of my head for a fabulous, upscale SuperBowl tailgating dish!
In my head secretly, I’ve been wanting to grill these bad boys with the amazingly scented lavender leaves I harvested from our plants this past summer. I have this ingredient in my pantry.
I am going to combine some basic herbes de Provence – typically a mixture of thyme, oregano, lavender, marjoram, savory, fennel, basil & rosemary. They are mixed without some of these spices as well, as each family in the Provence region of France had their own way of doing things.
It is said that Americans started adding lavender to the mixture, but I beg to differ, knowing that some of the people I know from France had always done so.
Since I’m not the biggest fan of lamb, I need to enjoy it with some stronger flavors than those in my household who love it. I am making a blueberry balsamic reduction to go along with my lamb loin chops.
- 8 lamb loin chops – they are small, so we are serving 2 per person
- 2 tbsp lavender leaves – dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves – dried
- 1/2 tsp marjoram – dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme – dried
- 1/2 tsp parsley – dried
- 1/4 tsp oregano – dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- fleur de sel – to taste; you may use sea salt
- Combine herbs minus the salt with only minimal freshly cracked black pepper in a medium-sized flat-bottomed bowl.
- Rub the lamb loin chops with the herbs, place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill and grill on each side for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness. We prefer them medium done.
Balsamic blueberry reduction sauce recipe to follow in another post.
I hope you enjoyed this Lamb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]lamb loin chops, how to cook lamb, lamb chops, lavender lamb chops, lavender lamb recipe, lamb chop recipe, lamb loin chop recipe, main dish recipe, lavender recipe, tailgating recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook a Balsamic Reduction Sauce: Upscale Superbowl Treats
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- How to Bake Lamb with Oregano in Parchment
- Web Chef Review: Epicureal Lavender Buds
- How to Broil Lamb Chops + Video