This is Day Eight of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike! It’s also SuperBowl today…
Traditionally speaking, Parmesan cheese is added to risotto, but none of us are crazy about it – so we are omitting it in this recipe.
Type: Rice Recipe
Serve With: Dinner or by itself
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine – we are using pale ale today since it’s SuperBowl + juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 dozen mushrooms – crimini, shiitake; whatever variety you like in this basic measurement
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Preheat 2 tbsp olive oil in large sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until softened and onions are translucent. Add garlic and continue to saute for an additional 1 minute. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to sauce pot and add arborio rice. Stirring continuously, toast rice until it’s a light golden color.
- Add wine (or beer + lemon) and continue stirring until it’s completely absorbed.
- Add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed again. Repeat. Continue until rice is al dente, which will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, parsley, chives, sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Let stand 2 minutes and serve with dinner or by itself.
I hope you enjoyed this Italian Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]how to cook risotto, risotto, mushroom risotto, risotto recipe, mushroom risotto recipe, side dish recipe, rice recipe, arborio rice, Italian recipe, Italian food, mushroom recipe, mushrooms[/tags]
- How to Cook Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce
- How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Favorite Creamy Mushroom Soup
- How to Cook Smoked Paprika Mushroom Rice
- How to Cook Vegetable Rice Stuffing for Poultry + Video