This is Day Eight of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike! It’s also SuperBowl today…
In my earlier post, I outlined my Lavender Lamb Loin Chops I’ll be grilling today.
To accompany the chops, I have made a Blueberry Balsamic Reduction Sauce – simply because lamb isn’t my favorite meat and it will go beautifully with it and cover up the flavor I am not crazy about in lamb.
To make a basic balsamic reduction sauce, omit blueberries. If you’d like to use a different sweet fruit, you may. Berries work well.
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: Grilled meat as a main dish
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1/3 cup
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries – washed; or 1/4 cup dried
- 1 tsp sugar – if needed
- In a small sauce pot on lowest heat, combine balsamic vinegar and blueberries.
- Allow to reduce in volume on lowest heat to 1/8 the volume – approximately 1/3 cup. * Tip: Be sure not to allow the mixture to burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Taste reduction. Depending upon the quality and sugar content of the balsamic vinegar used, you may need to add the sugar, if desired sweetness is not achieved simply by reducing. Stir in sugar and allow to dissolve completely. Re-taste and proceed accordingly.
- Remove from heat and drizzle on plate in a design or serve in a small dipping bowl.
This sauce is very concentrated flavor and only a little smear on the plate is really necessary to serve. It is best not to drizzle on meat, as people may feel the sauce is overpowering. Allow them to dip the meat into it on their plate for best results.
I hope you enjoyed this Vegetarian Sauce on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
Technorati Tags: balsamic vinegar, balsamic recipe, balsamic reduction, how to make a balsamic reduction, blueberry balsamic reduction, reduction sauce, how to cook a reduction sauce, blueberry recipe, sauce recipe, vegetarian sauce, vegetarian recipe, vegan recipe, vegan sauce
- How to Cook Lavender Lamb Loin Chops: Upscale Superbowl Treats
- Web Chef Review: Vilux White Balsamic Vinegar
- How to Cook Mushroom Risotto: Upscale SuperBowl Treats
- How to Make a Super Simple Vinaigrette Dressing
- How to Cook Lamb with Chestnut & Tomato Relish