This is Day Five of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike!
We had a family pack of pork loin chops in our freezer, so I decided to make crusted pork chops using cracker crumbs from our pantry, with a side salad – Pre-Spring Salad – served with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 4 pork loin chops – trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup multi-grain cracker crumbs
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat large frying pan to medium heat with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Crush crackers in a resealable plastic bag with a mallet or rolling pin to a crumb-like consistency.
- Pour crumbs into a large dinner sized plate or use a casserole dish. Add spices and mix evenly.
- Completely coat pork loin chops on all sides with cracker crumbs and place in frying pan, ensuring you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Pan-fry pork loin chops on both sides until golden brown. Place onto cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Finish pork loin chops in oven for 12-15 minutes or until chops are no longer pink inside.
Serve with a side salad and some fresh, crusty bread! Yum!
I hope you enjoyed this Pork Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]pork loin, pork loin chops, pork loin recipe, how to cook pork, pork loin chop recipe, pork recipe, crusted pork loin[/tags]
- How to Cook Meatball Soup
- How to Cook Chipotle Crusted Pork Chops + Video
- How to Cook Meatballs
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Orange BBQ Pork Loin Center Chops + Video