One of the easiest way to prepare them is to make homemade fries.
Now, steak fries just refers to the cut of the fries…they are not wedges, but they are mostly flat, long and of a good size.
This is a much healthier version of fries, as these are baked instead of fried. All you do is wash, slice, spice & bake. You don’t even need to babysit.
Perfect alongside a nicely BBQ’d steak, some fish or with homemade burgers. Yummy!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: steak, burgers or fish
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: ~45 mins
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 large potatoes – washed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil – or whatever oil you prefer
- ~ 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- 3-4 dashes cayenne – to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and peel completely, partly or leave peels on, as desired.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Put the cut side down and slice into 3-5 slices lengthwise again, making long, flat fries.
- Place fries in a resealable plastic bag or toss in a large bowl with olive oil.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray, making sure the potato fries aren’t crowding each other or overlapping.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, remove from oven and turn them over. Put back into oven for 20-25 min longer, ensuring they are cooked through and golden brown in color.
Serve with fish, burgers or steak, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook the Best Hamburgers in Town
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions + Video
- How to Cook Mom’s Silver Dollar Potatoes