Hamburgers are definitely a North American staple, and this may be an understatement.
Each family usually has their “own way” of making burgers, with different mixtures of ingredients, secret sauces and hidden spices.
This is a basic hamburger recipe that’s solid each and every time. They stay moist with the “secret” ingredient, and are marvelous not only on the BBQ, but also making them in a large frying pan on your stove top.
Type: Main Dish
Serve With: French fries or another great side
Prep Time: 8 mins
BBQ Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground beef – your choice of fat content
- 2 tbsp butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, cracker crumbs or chip crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion – finely minced
- 1 clove garlic – finely minced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper – * optional
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and using your hands, mix until evenly combined.
- Divide into 4 equal amounts and form 4 burgers by forming a ball, then flattening and smoothing the sides of the burger.
- Place on a preheated BBQ and grill on each side for approximately 4 mins or until nicely grilled on both sides and centre is no longer pink/red.
- If using stove top, using a large frying pan with 2 tbsp olive oil, preheat on medium high heat. Add burgers to frying pan and cover with a non-splatter screen, if possible. Cook on each side for approximately 5 mins or until nicely browned on both sides and centre is no longer pink/red.
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Meatballs
- How to BBQ Southwest Burgers
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- How to Make the Tastiest Turkey Burgers