I have a great recipe for How To Cook Guilt-Free Fish & Chips, which is a healthy baked version that satisfies the desire you might have for greasy, fried fish and chips.
For the chips, I use partially peeled sweet potatoes, which are super healthy.
The tilapia is a perfect, moist, white fish for breading & baking as the filets hold their shape well. Tilapia is nice & meaty fish, which I compare to lobster in texture and flavor. I love it!
How to Cook Guilt-Free Fish n’ Chips with Lime Mayo:
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
How to Bake Sweet Potato Steak Fries:
Not only are these made from one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, we are also saving some of the vitamin & mineral-rich skins on the outside. Then, we are baking them, instead of frying them up. Less guilt already…
Instructions for Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 392 degrees F.
- Partially peel & chop sweet potatoes into 1 cm wedges, and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle with ghee, add salt & pepper, and toss to be sure all sides of the potatoes are covered.
- Arrange potatoes on parchment-lined baking sheet, so they aren’t touching.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then turn potatoes over.
- Bake until golden & cooked through, or until knife tender – about 20-25 minutes
How to Oven-Bake Whole Grain Crusted Tilapia:
Ingredients for Tilapia:
Instructions for Tilapia:
- Place bread crumbs in shallow bowl, and season as desired. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into another shallow bowl, and beat lightly. Set aside.
- Dip each tilapia filet first into the egg mixture, and then the prepared crumbs, pressing the crumbs onto the fish. Shake off excess, and arrange filets on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, flip over and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until fish is golden.
- Serve with sweet potatoes & a nice lime-mayo dip (recipe below).
How to Make Lime Mayo Dip:
Ingredients for Lime Mayo Dip:
- 5 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- salt & pepper – to taste
- dash cayenne pepper
Instructions for Lime Mayo Dip:
- Into a dip-sized bowl containing about 5 tbsp of whole egg mayo, add in 5 tbsp of Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp of lime zest, and the juice of half a fresh lime.
- Stir thoroughly and season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne if desired.
There’s your Guilt-Free Fish n’ Chips with Oven-Baked Whole Grain Crusted Tilapia, with Baked Sweet Potato Steak Fries & served with a Lime Mayo Dip!
I hope you enjoy this Fish Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo + Video
- How to Cook Chipotle Crusted Pork Chops + Video
- How to Bake Crunchy Tortilla Chips: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Perfect Pan Sauteed Tilapia