Well, here’s a bright new way to spruce up your mid-week repertoire and infuse some flavor into your life!
Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo:
Type: Sandwich Recipe
Serve with: French fries or another great side.
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 10 – 15 min, depending on thickness of patties
Yield: 2 burgers
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 fish fillets; ~ 2 – 2 1/4 cups ground fish meat – haddock, sole, pollock, basa
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 3-4 dashes dill weed
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- ~ 3/4 cup oats – processed in the food processor, for dredging. Add spices, if desired.
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop fish fillets into small chunks and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, parsley, dill, cayenne pepper, black pepper and lime juice. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- For into burger patties and set aside.
- Process oats in food processor for dredging fish patties in. Add spices, if desired, to the oats. * Tip: Do not store crumbs after dredging fish patties. Discard.
- Put fish patties into refrigerator to cool down and become more solid before frying up, to ensure they have the best chance of staying together.
- In a large preheated frying pan on the stove with olive oil, brown fish patties until they are golden brown on both sides. * Tip: Try not to disturb the patties until they are golden brown on the first side. You want to reduce the number of flips, to ensure the burgers maintain their integrity and stick together.
- Toast buns or bread and prepare condiments and toppings, while you wait for the burgers to brown up. Lettuce, tomato, and cilantro work amazing. This is when you’ll make the Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise. Here is the video for the mayonnaise by itself below.
- After the patties have browned up, if you are questioning if they are done inside, you may put your fish patties into the oven to finish cooking on 325 degrees F for 5 more minutes.
- Take out of pan/oven and serve on a bun or toasted bread with toppings and condiments. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Everyone is going to just love these Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo – make extra!
- How to BBQ Spicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers + Video
- How to Make Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise + Video
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Super Salmon Cakes
- How to Cook Cilantro & Lime Tuna Melts: Cupboard Cooking
- How to BBQ Southwest Burgers