Well, at least I am, every chance I get. In fact, I feel guilty when I don’t get out there and grill knowing the Canadian winter is so long.
Everyone’s favorite has to be the perfect steak. I’ll bet you can smell that steak on the grill when your neighbors are using their BBQs, don’t you?
One of my favorite cuts is a Top Sirloin Boneless Grilling Steak. Improve that by buying Angus beef and you’re really onto something!
I like this cut because it’s boneless, which makes it easier to eat later on, and it doesn’t have to be marinated, which is tasty when you want it to be, but when using this cut, you don’t have to mask the beef’s flavor or tenderize. You can just enjoy the flavor of the meat, which is also why I keep the flavorings to a serious minimum.
That’s exactly what I did tonight with some big, beautiful top sirloin steaks!
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: baked potatoes
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 8 min
- top sirloin boneless grilling steaks – 1 per person, unless they are really large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat grill on high heat.
- Pat steaks dry with clean paper towels.
- Brush with olive oil and evenly coat with chopped garlic, and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Directly before grilling sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Grill for 2 minutes on BBQ and turn it a half turn on the grill on the same side to get gorgeous grill marks, and grill an additional 2 minutes before flipping over and repeating this process on the other side.
- Depending upon level of rarity desired, continue grilling a bit longer for medium, medium-well or well-done, increasing by a minute at a time, roughly.
- After taking steaks off grill, allow to rest on a warm plate lightly covered with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before cutting into them or serving.
- Serve with baked potatoes and you’ve got the perfect summer dinner.
Serve with a beautiful glass of red wine and you’re golden! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Marinate Sirloin Tip Steak
- How to Grill Buffalo Burgers – My First Taste
- The Perfect Steak is Not Impossible
- How to Marinate Meat
- How to Marinate Beef Inside Round Marinating Steaks