As an appetizer or main entrée, Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Chicken Livers are a perfect idea.
Cherry combined with the ferric taste of the liver is exciting & satisfying to your palate.
Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Chicken Livers:
With this recipe, I’m using Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar. Mix a combination of Bordeaux cherries with high quality barrel-aged balsamic vinegar from Modena, Italy, and what you get is a bottle of liquid gold!
Review Show: Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
Adding another layer of flavor with Napa Jack’s Poultry Rub for Chicken & Fish adds more complexity to this delicious recipe.
Review Show: Napa Jack's Poultry Rub for Chicken & Fish
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- about 1 1/2 lb of chicken livers
- 1 – 2 tbsp Napa Jack’s Poultry Rub for Chicken & Fish
- 3 – 4 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- 1/4 tsp gumbo file
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp minced parsley
- 2 tbsp Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- Rinse chicken livers in cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Trim any sinews from chicken livers.
- Combine dry rub and flour, cayenne pepper, gumbo file, and dredge chicken livers in the mixture. Allow to sit for 5 – 10 min, and then re-dredge to get a good coating on the livers. Gently shake of excess flour mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, heat butter and olive oil, on high heat.
- Brown chicken livers in butter/oil mixture, making sure both sides are seared well, and then reduce heat till cooked through. After about 3 – 5 min, cut into one of the largest livers to check the color of the inside of the liver, and taste to make certain it has cooked to your liking.
- When satisfied that the livers have cooked through as much as you desire, and have a nice brown crust, sprinkle with sea salt & black pepper.
- Drizzle livers with Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, sprinkle with parsley, transfer to a serving plate, and keep hot under a loose foil tent in the oven, for a few minutes before you serve.
Eat as is, or use these chicken livers to make Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Chicken Liver Pâté – perfect for the Holidays, whether that’s Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s.
Recipe Show: Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Chicken Liver Pâté
This show is brought to you by Wine Country Kitchens:
You and your diners or guests will certainly enjoy Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Chicken Livers, and they are sure to disappear quickly.
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- How to Braise Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Pork Breast Bones + Video
- How to Grill Napa Valley Pomegranate White Balsamic Chicken + Video
- How to Make Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Caramel + Video