I am pleased to present a recipe for How to Make Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Caramel, which I find to be unbelievably delicious.
Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Caramel:
On this night, I used this caramel on Grilled Cantaloupe Slices & Orange Segments.
The Cherry Cabernet Vinegar incorporated into the drizzle, is from Napa Valley Vinegar Co. by Wine Country Kitchens in California, who make a fantastic line of flavored vinegars using fine wines with pure flavors to create their vinegars, which I have had the privilege of using.
Type: Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 6 min
Grill Time: 6 – 8 min
Yield: 3/4 – 1 cup
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cherry cabernet vinegar – I used Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Cherry Cabernet Vinegar.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp butter
- Pour Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Vinegar into a saute pan and place on medium heat to cook and reduce the vinegar by half. When you can pull a spatula through the reduction and it will hold a line, you are ready to continue.
- Whisk into the vinegar reduction, brown sugar and water, so it is thoroughly mixed. Allow the mixture to heat up and cook, on medium heat, without stirring.
- Tip: If sugar crystals form on the sides of the pan, just brush them back into the mixture using a wet basting brush.
- When the caramel mixture has thickened sufficiently, remove from heat and stir in the butter to form a glossy caramel sauce.
- While the caramel is cooking, place orange segments and cantaloupe slices on a hot grill, allowing grill marks to form on both sides of the fruits.
- Transfer fruit from grill to a serving tray.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the grilled fruit and serve. Bring a small dish of the remaining caramel sauce to the table for those diners who want more caramel sauce on their fruit.
This sauce is so sweet and mouthwatering that one is tempted to eat it by the spoonful.
I would recommend you make this recipe for Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Caramel to see for yourself how versatile this recipe is, and how much your family and guests enjoy it.
- How to Cook Grilled Orange & Cantaloupe with Napa Valley Cherry Cabernet Caramel + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Cherry Cabernet Vinegar
- How to Make Raspberry Caramel Corn Balls + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Chardonnay Peach Vinegar
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar