Whether you are a vegetarian or not, World Vegetarian Day gives us all an opportunity to eat more vegetables!
October is also National Vegetarian Awareness Month!
Most of us could use extra vegetables in our diets…
We seem to get so stuck in the humdrum of the same-old, same-old vegetable side dishes, whether they are sides or mains.
Especially if you’re not well versed in vegetarian cuisine to keep things poppin’ in your kitchen & on your plate.
That certainly doesn’t have to be the case! Try mixing your typical staples with one other ingredient that’s different and exciting to you.
Try this recipe for Cucumber & Nasturtium Flower Salad, and kick up your usual sliced cucumber, for a gorgeous side dish that will keep people yearning for your cooking, and reminiscing on it later on…looking forward to the next interesting dish you’ll serve.
Check out these super cool Purple Pole Beans, just to keep things fresh for you.
Kick up your Vegetable & Fruit rolodex! Here’s how:
- Use the category drop-down menu in the right sidebar of this site
- Scroll down to the Fruits & Vegetables listings
- Underneath, there are a wide variety of fruit & vegetable subcategories chock full of information & recipes that you may never even have thought of.
- Maybe you’re not a vegetarian, and just want to kick up your fruit & veggie repertoire in your kitchen.
- Maybe you just want to start eating in a more healthy manner.
Gosh, upon return from living in Australia for 1 year, and consuming copious amounts of meat, mainly lamb, I became an ovo-lacto vegetarian for 4 years throughout university. After that time, I started to reincorporate meats into my diet more and more. It wasn’t that I didn’t like meat or was boycotting it…I just didn’t have the desire to eat it. I believe I was simply burnt out on it all.
Think about this lifestyle on World Vegetarian Day.
I hope you enjoy this Vegetarian Info on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Beans from Scratch
- The Sproutwells – Veggie Family in the Neighborhood
- Fall Vegetable Recipes
- Why Rice is So Amazing
- Vegetarian Awareness Month: Different Types of Vegetarianism