Green beans are a staple side dish, in my humble opinion.
They are super easy to prepare and cook, are tasty, healthy, and readily available most of the year in grocery stores.
Green beans are also a great vegetable to grow in your home garden, cutting down on grocery costs, as they are pretty easy to grow.
Enjoy these green beans alongside beef, chicken, pork and fish dishes alike, and afford them a place at your Holiday feast!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: as a side dish with a meal of chicken, pork, fish, beef
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 4 large handfuls of green beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- * squeeze lemon juice – optional
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt – + to taste
- Wash, sort & dry green beans under cold water in a strainer or colander.
- Cut tips off of stem end of green beans.
- Boil 3/4 medium sized sauce pot of water on the stove top with about 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Add green beans to pot, turn pot down to a slow boil and boil beans for 10-15 minutes, depending on how long it takes to be fork tender. Check beans around 10 minutes to see if they are tender.
- Drain the green beans from the pot into a colander in the kitchen sink.
- Return to pot and add butter, sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste, and a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired (optional).
- Serve as a side dish with beef, chicken, fish or pork.
I hope you enjoy this Bean Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Think you need a new Colander? Check these out:
- How to Cook Green Beans with Buerre Brun Sauce on the Stove
- How to Soak Beans Overnight to Boil + Video
- How to Cook Saffron Mushroom Rice + Video
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter + Video
- How to Cook Smoked Paprika Mushroom Rice