I’m going to show you a recipe for Cucumber & Nasturtium Flower Salad…
The leaves, the flowers, the stems, the pods, all of it. Best thing about it isn’t the obvious beauty of the flowers in your meal or on your plate, it’s the bright, peppery flavor nasturtium gives to your food.
I use nasturtium for so many different and unique things, too many to mention here, but today, this salad is a winner, and you’ll love it to be in your repertoire.
Plus, grow these organically in your garden as great ground cover, as well as being a productive plant you can use all season. Different colors of flower lend to the mystique and exotic look of dishes using them as a garnish or ingredient.
Try it, you’ll like it! What…Are you afraid of a flower? ~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve with: any fabulous main side dish
Prep Time: 8 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 8 – 10 nasturtium flowers – washed
- 1 large cucumber – chunks
- 6 – 8 peppercorns – ground; to taste; I used white Kampot peppercorns.
- sea salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Red Hawaiian Sea Salt.
- 1 1/2 tsp pear vinegar – I used Vilux Pear Vinegar.
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil – I used Castelanotti Arbequina EVOO.
- Prepare cucumber by peeling slices lengthwise, alternating peel & no peel strips. This creates a nice pattern for you. Slice into medallions, then into quarters.
- In a serving bowl, combine by tossing cucumber chunks, pepper, salt and vinegar. Add nasturtium flowers and lightly toss again.
- Serve on plates and drizzle with a good finishing olive oil.
- Re-season with salt & pepper to taste, if necessary.
This Cucumber & Nasturtium Flower Salad is gonna knock your socks off with these edible flowers that’ll surprise you with fabulous flavor every single time.
I hope you enjoy this Cucumber Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing + Video
- How to Make 3 Unique Recipes for Cucumbers
- How to Make Spicy Cucumber & Mango Salad + Video
- How to Make Napa Valley Blood Orange Buttermilk Salad Dressing + Video
- How to Make Cottage Cucumber Salad