Ontario Horseradish is in at Harvest Barn Country Markets – whether you’re cooking with it or canning, it’s in season!
This horseradish looks so fresh and is in very good condition.
We often use fresh horseradish when we are pickling cucumbers and it can be grated fresh and preserved in place of purchasing prepared horseradish.
We have planted horseradish in our garden as well, but it is much easier to just get it from Harvest Barn Country Markets, since it tends to take over your entire garden if allowed to spread. Every year we have had to dig the large, long tap roots out, to make room for other vegetables and fruits in our garden.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
This horseradish comes from my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is one of their two locations in Southern Ontario, with the other location being in St. Catharines.
Harvest Barn Country Markets try, as much as possible, to bring in produce to their market sites, from within a 100 mile radius, thus reducing transportation time and distance for the produce for their customers. The produce is fresher, optimally ripe and less likely to be bruised or damaged during transportation. When you go into their markets, you can see for yourself how fresh and beautiful their produce is, and so appealingly displayed.
Do make a point of stopping in at your local Harvest Barn Country Market and bring home something wonderful for your family table.
- Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Rhubarb Horseradish Marinade for Pork Chops
- How to Can Mom’s Dill Pickles
- Oysters on the Half Shell
Fresh, Ontario horseradish is ready for you at Harvest Barn Country Markets, so pick some up & make something spicy & delicious!
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Dill at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Cucumbers at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Baby Kale at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Cantaloupe at Harvest Barn Country Markets