How to Roast Traditional Prime Rib
I just love Prime Rib, but I want it in the traditional manner! Old-School style with au jus and Yorkshire pudding! My mother makes melt-in-your-mouth prime rib, and this is her recipe, as told by me…LOL ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
* This is a very easy recipe calling for only 4 ingredients!
Serve With: Mashed potatoes and gravy, Yorkshire pudding, turnip or any other delicious side dish!
Prep Time: ~ 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 1 hr, 45 min
Yield: Plenty for 4 people
1. Rinse prime rib under cool water and pat dry. If not already tied with string, tie it up around the large circumference of the roast.
2. Peel cloves of garlic and rub vigorously all over roast. With remaining partial pieces, stick into a whole in the meat.
3. Cover roast in freshly cracked black pepper, and lightly dredge with flour on all sides, and put in a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
* Tip: Do not use salt on the meat…It makes it tough!
4. Put in Preheated oven of 500 F for 10 min.
5. After 10 min, turn heat down to 300 F for ~ 1 hr.
6. Turn down to 200 F while preparing other side dishes: ~ 30 min
7. When internal temperature reaches ~ 160 degrees for medium doneness, it is finished.
8. Let sit on counter for 5 min to let the meat rest covered in aluminum foil.
9. Slice and Enjoy!
This was entirely delicious! I just love my mom’s recipe! Try it, you’ll be a believer!
I hope you enjoyed this Beef recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. Need a meat thermometer? Check out this great classic dial type meat thermometer for only $9.74!:
[tags]prime rib, beef, roast beef, roast, main dish, traditional recipe, meat, main meal, Holiday meal, Christmas meal, Christmas cooking, Christmas, au jus, roasting, Thanksgiving recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake Yummy Yorkshire Pudding
- How to Cook Roast of Beef on the BBQ: Canada Day Cookout
- National Yorkshire Pudding Day: A Coveted Side Dish Recipe
- How to BBQ Pepper Crusted Eye of Round Beef Roast + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly
- How to Cook a Top Sirloin Roast of Beef + Video