A Goat Cheese & Walnut Soufflé is light, fluffy & ever-so-tasty.
How to Bake Goat Cheese & Walnut Soufflé:
The recipe requires an 8 cup soufflé dish.
This soufflé can be made ahead & refrigerated as long as 7 days prior to serving. It may deflate somewhat, and it’s always better to serve immediately. Simply reheat to serve.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter – plus butter to liberally grease soufflé dish
- 1 cup walnuts – toasted, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz goat cheese – also called chevre
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- a dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley – minced
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally butter an 8 cup soufflé dish.
- Combine toasted walnuts that are finely chopped & cornmeal. Dust inside of dish with mixture tilting the mix in all directions until all is coated.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook, stirring for 1 min. Remove from heat & stir in milk.
- Return to heat & stir briskly, bringing to a boil until the mixture is very thick. Scrape into a bowl.
- Add goat cheese & mash until the cheese is melted.
- Beat in egg yolks, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne & parsley.
- Beat until stiff, but not dry, egg whites & cream of tartar.
- Stir 1/4 of the egg white mixture into the soufflé base to lighten it. Then, fold in the rest.
- Pour into the prepared soufflé dish.
- Bake until risen & golden brown on top – about 40 – 50 min.
- Tip: It’s important to serve immediately, so it does not have time to deflate.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this French Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Corn Cakes
- How to Cook Asparagus with Hazelnuts & Orange
- How to Make Arepas from Scratch
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Southern Hot Water Cornbread
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter