What is a Fluffernutter? Good question!
I wasn’t too sure myself, but once I tried one, I’ll never forget it.
On this National Fluffernutter Day, let’s clear that right up for everyone…
Sometimes, marshmallow creme is called Fluff or marshmallow fluff too.
Every now and again, your child might appreciate your replacing every day lunches sandwiches with a fluffernutter sandwich.
In spite of the sort of childish name, adults are quite partial to this gooey concoction. I think this would be a great addition to an afternoon tea or midnight snack.
How to Make a Toasted Fluffernutter Sandwich:
Type: Sandwich Recipe
Serve with: tall glass of milk
Prep Time: 3 min
Toast Time: 2-3 min
- Toast slices of bread to desired doneness.
- Spread peanut butter on one piece of bread.
- Spread marshmallow creme on the other piece of bread.
- Put two spread sides together like a sandwich.
I was thinking you could fry each side quickly til the bread is golden. This would be a grilled fluffernutter sandwich! Oh yeah…mmm…
Fluffernutters would be fun for a child’s birthday party, and just as welcome for a bridal shower or baby shower. The name itself is a conversation piece.
You could add miniature marshmallows to the marshmallow cream and it would be even more delicious. The marshmallows would hold up better to the heat, if you fry them up.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Food Fun on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
- 3 Unique Sandwich Ideas: National Kraut Sandwich Week
- How to Make Canadian Whiskey Toasted Marshmallow Shots: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Make Red, White & Blue Curaçao Roasted Marshmallow Shots: 4th of July Fare
- How to Make Club Sandwiches: National Sandwich Day