National Sandwich Day has arrived and I’m excited to share with you how to make my Club Sandwich recipe.
From a loaf of sandwich bread, you should expect 18 – 20 slices.
Besides the bread, there are many other breads suitable for making sandwiches.
If you plan to roll your sandwiches, the bread should be fairly thin, so it doesn’t crack during rolling.
Trimmed cocktail or party breads, or quick breads are perfect for dainty, party sandwiches.
There are numerous fillings that suit trimming sandwiches.
All spreads should be at room temperature, so you don’t tear the breads used. Finely textured breads are the best to hold spreads, so fillings don’t seep or drop through.
Finely mashed fillings should be used with flatbreads, so they roll up smoothly.
The more moist your sandwich fillings are, you should make sure your buttering is spread to the very edges of sandwich bread, so your bread is protected from becoming soggy.
- Tip: When packing lunches, place such items as tomato, lettuce & pickle slices in separate containers, so you don’t get the bread soggy.
How to Make a Club Sandwich:
One of my favorite sandwiches is a “club sandwich.” I try to prepare at least 2 of these All-American favorite sandwiches at a time.
Type: Sandwich Recipe
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- mayonnaise – to spread on bread
- 8 oz turkey or chicken breast – thinly sliced
- lettuce – enough to put into each layer of the sandwich
- 1 medium tomato – sliced
- 12 slices bacon – crisp
- 1/2 cucumber – sliced & seeded
- On a work surface, lay out 12 slices of lightly toasted bread.
- Thinly spread mayonnaise on one side of each piece of bread.
- Dividing among 4 slices of bread, layer lettuce, and 8 oz thinly sliced turkey or chicken breast. Top with 4 toasted slices of bread.
- Divide among 4 more slices, lettuce leaves, tomato, crisp bacon & seeded cucumber.
- Top with remaining 4 slices of toast with the mayonnaise side down or inside the sandwich.
- Push a toothpick through each sandwich between centers & corners.
- Cut each sandwich into triangles between those toothpicks.
- Serve with chips, French fries or freshly cut vegetable sticks.
National Sandwich Day will be so much fun to celebrate with this great Club Sandwich.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Food Holiday on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- 3 Unique Sandwich Ideas: National Kraut Sandwich Week
- How to Cook Grilled Cheese Chicken & Tomato Sandwiches
- A Submarine, Hero, Hoagie, Grinder Day Recipe: That’s a Mouthful!
- Web Chef Review: Atlanta Bread Company – Atlanta, GA Airport
- ‘Tis National Fluffernutter Day: What are Fluffernutters?