In fact, did you know that a Grilled Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich was Elvis Presley’s favorite food?
It is very delicious, and my dad was a huge fan of plain old peanut butter banana sandwiches, not even toasted.
This is a kicked up version I quite enjoy making when I’m in the mood for this indulgence.
I add a drizzle of honey, which especially helps when you are using a banana that’s not completely ripe, or just isn’t that sweet.
Also, the bee pollen I add to this recipe is for health purposes, as well as flavor and some texture, but it’s an optional ingredient that you’re able to find at most health food stores, and even some organic sections in grocery stores.
Type: Sandwich Recipe
Serve With: French fries or another great side
Prep Time: 3 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Yield: 1 grilled sandwich
- 1 banana
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp bee pollen – * optional
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp butter.
- Prepare one side of the sandwich by spreading peanut butter as desired.
- Slice banana with a knife and arrange all over sandwich evenly and flatly.
- Drizzle honey on top all over sandwich and sprinkle bee pollen, if desired.
- Butter outside of sandwich on other piece of bread and place into frying pan butter side down.
- Gently and quickly place peanut buttered side of sandwich.
- Pan fry on medium heat for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Slice in half and serve, possibly with a glass of milk or tea.
I hope you enjoy this American Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Candied Ginger Banana Bread
- How to Make Peanut Butter: National Peanut Butter Month
- How to Cook Vegemite and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine
- ‘Tis National Fluffernutter Day: What are Fluffernutters?